- The applicant is a K-12 tax-exempt public school in Windham County, Connecticut.
- The field trip involves travel to a program at, or sponsored by, one of the following 16 organizations:
- CT Audubon Center at Pomfret, CT – ctaudubon.org
- CT Capitol Building, Hartford, CT– my.lwv.org
- CT River Museum, Essex, CT – ctrivermuseum.org
- CT Science Center, Hartford, CT – ctsciencecenter.org
- Connecticut’s Old State House, Hartford, CT– wp.cga.ct.gov
- Harriet Beecher Stowe Center, Hartford, CT– harrietbeecherstowecenter.org
- Hartford Stage, Hartford, CT – hartfordstage.org
- Mark Twain House and Museum, Hartford, CT– marktwainhouse.org
- Mystic Aquarium, Mystic, CT – mysticaquarium.org
- Mystic Seaport Museum, Mystic, CT – mysticseaport.org
- New England Air Museum, Windsor Locks, CT – neam.org
- Old Sturbridge Village, Sturbridge, MA – osv.org
- Performing Arts of Northeast CT (formerly Opera New England) – performingartsnect.org
- Samuel Slater Experience, Webster, MA– samuelslaterexperience.org
- The Three C’s (The Community Cultural Committee of Northeastern Connecticut, Inc.) – thethreecs.org
- Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, Hartford, CT – thewadsworth.org
- The application is fully and correctly completed.
- No grant will exceed $800. If all of the funds are not used for the proposed field trip, please contact us.
- Each school can receive up to $1600 in grant funding during the 2023-24 school year.
- Applications may be submitted for field trips scheduled during the 2023-24 school year. Applications will be reviewed on a “first-received, first-funded” basis until all available funds have been awarded.
- Applications must be received at least 15 days prior to the field trip.
- Applicants will be notified that an application has been approved or denied by email within two weeks after receipt of the complete application.
- Checks will be mailed within one week following approval of an application.
- If your field trip is cancelled or changed, or if all the grant funds are not expended for the approved purpose, please contact us.
- Receiving post trip feedback from the grant recipients is critical to continuity and improvement of the program. Schools receiving grants are expected to submit a report within 30 days after the date of the field trip. A grant report reminder email will be sent to all approved applicants. Please follow the prompts in that email to file your report.
Updated September 2023